This recipe makes approximately 24 delicious cannabis oil chocolates. I prefer my medibles to be on the weaker side, so I can eat 3 or 4 chocolates without falling asleep. You will need to adjust the amount of cannabis oil that you use according to your own tolerances.
It is wise to test the strength of the chocolate mixture before you put it into the moulds; if you don’t feel medicated after testing it, wait two hours before trying any more to ensure the psychoactivity has taken full effect. It doesn’t matter if your mixture cools and solidifies while waiting to test the effects; you can simply put the mixture back in the Bain Marie to melt it again when you are ready.
You can put nuts in the chocolate moulds before or after pouring in the chocolate, which helps to make them go further as well as reducing their strength. I like to make half with nuts and half without, so I have two different strengths to choose from.
- bain marie / two saucepans
- chocolate moulds / silicone ice trays
- 80g raw cacoa butter
- 10-14g cannabis infused coconut oil and/or raw cacao butter (or any other cannabis-infused oil)
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp date syrup (or agave syrup, coconut blossom syrup)
- A pinch of salt
- Dash of vanilla essence
- Put the raw cacao butter and infused cannabis oil in a Bain Marie to melt.
- Add the date syrup (or agave syrup or coconut syrup) and whisk carefully.
- Whisk in the powdered cacao, the salt and vanilla essence. At this point, you can decide whether you want to put nuts in the bottom of the moulds or not.
- Carefully pour the chocolate mixture into the moulds and leave in the fridge or freezer to set (I find it easier to get them out of the moulds when they have been in the freezer.)
- When they are set, carefully turn them out of the moulds and serve. Try not to eat them all at once!
When ingested, cannabis takes around two hours to take effect.