This delicious Chocolate Cannabis Ice Cream recipe uses infused cannabis oil, which is made with various carrier oils such as coconut oil, raw cacao butter, hemp seed oil and olive oil. Any of these carriers will do for this recipe, as only a small amount is needed, but raw cacao and/or coconut oil goes best with the chocolate flavor. I personally use a mixture of both coconut oil and raw cacao butter, as it tastes good and I already make this mixture for topical use and for suppositories/pessaries
If you have never taken cannabis oil before, it is sensible to use half the amount of infused cannabis oil in this recipe (i.e. 1.5g), then eat a little to test the effects.
Wait two hours and if it is not strong enough for you, add another gram and test the effects again. It is important to test the strength properly before you take the mixture out of the blender/smoothie maker.
If you want this ice cream to be more fattening and creamy, you can add half an avocado, whilst increasing the date syrup and raw cacao powder slightly to disguise the taste of the avocado.
- Blender / Nutribullet
- Large Bowl
- Measuring Jug
- 200g cashew nuts
- 250ml cold water
- 4 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
- 6-7 tbsp date syrup (or agave syrup or local honey if not vegan) depending on how sweet you like your chocolate ice cream;
- 3g infused cannabis oil
- Pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
– I also like to put the mixture in a Nutribullet, which makes it more aerated. I find this gives it a lighter, smoother texture which makes a delightful chocolate mousse if you don’t have a freezer, or if you prefer mousse to ice cream.
- Put in the freezer until frozen and then serve with fresh fruit. The hardest thing about this recipe is not eating it all at once.
When ingested, cannabis takes around two hours to take effect.